Six shooters Bullfrog land league title again

Bullfrog AFC celebrate winning the Carluke and District Premier League title
Bullfrog AFC celebrate winning the Carluke and District Premier League title

Motherwell side Bullfrog AFC clinched their second successive Carluke and District Premier League title with an emphatic win over Dykehead in their final match of the season.

Bully travelled to play Dykehead knowing a point would do but preserved their unbeaten record in style by hitting their opponents for six to finish two points ahead of Cleland.

Both teams had early chances but Dykehead were dealt a blow when their ‘keeper was sent off for clattering into Colin Gillies just outside the box.

For a while the home side looked as threatening as Bullfrog, but the visitors gradually got on top.

The substitute ‘keeper made a double save from McMaster and Forrester before GILLIES headed in at the third attempt to put Bullfrog in front.

John Hendry missed a great chance to make it 2-0, shooting wide after taking advantage of a defensive mix-up, and only an outstanding Hallford save high to his left, from a header that looked a goal all the way, prevented a Dykehead equaliser.

The save proved vital as Bullfrog doubled their lead soon afterwards.

Gillies played Young down the right and his low cross was met by DAVID FORRESTER who smashed home from the edge of the box.

Bullfrog upped their game as the title came closer and Jamie Kane hit a free-kick from deep inside his own half which HENDRY plucked from the air before lifting over the ‘keeper to make it 3-0.

HENDRY was on target again when he beat the offside trap to race onto a Gillies pass before slotting beyond the ‘keeper for his 52nd goal of the season.

FORRESTER added a fifth when he took a Weir pass in his stride before finishing well.

The scoring was completed when McGovern beat his man and the ‘keeper and the question of whether his shot would have the legs to cross the line was academic as DAN McARDLE followed up to smash home.