North Lanarkshire Council is reminding people about the potential dangers associated with gas appliances in their homes.
The local authority has pledged its support to national Gas Access Week which began today (Monday) and runs until Friday in an effort to prevent serious accidents in tenants’ homes.
Des Murray, head of business with housing property, said: “The risks of not having gas appliances serviced properly can be severe.
“There is the potential for fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning and we want to try and make sure that doesn’t happen.
“We have responsibility for 37,000 homes so gaining access to all those properties is a major task. We are proud of achieving a 100 per cent record of gaining entry in recent years, although in a small number of cases we have had to force entry as people wouldn’t allow us access.
“These tests are all about keeping appliances, homes and our communities safe. It is vital people work with us to make this happen.”
Call 01698 524753 or visit the council website for more information on Gas Servicing.