A BELLSHILL mum spoke of her relief this week after claiming her four-year-old son almost swallowed a bag of drugs he found outside his home.
Tracy Craigie had just entered the close of her home in Emerald Terrace last Thursday around 8pm when her son Conor O’Hara picked up what he thought was sweets and placed them in his mouth.
However quick-thinking Tracey grabbed the bag from the boy after realising that he was in fact holding a bag of drugs and contacted police.
She said: “I feel relieved that Conor is okay. I just keep thinking, ‘oh my God, he could have swallowed them’.”
Police confirmed after tests that the bag contained 1.8g of the drug amphetamine, commonly known as speed.
For full story, see this week’s Bellshill Speaker, dated Thursday, June 30.