Schools evacuated due to suspected gas leak

Clydeview School
Clydeview School

Pupils at two Motherwell schools were evacuated this morning due to a suspected gas leak.

A member of staff at Clydeview School thought they smelled gas leading to both it and the adjoining St Bernadette’s Primary being closed for a few hours.

The children from Clydeview were visiting North Motherwell Church so stayed there until given the all-clear, while the St Bernadette’s youngsters were decamped to Logans Primary.

Gas engineers visited Clydeview, but confirmed there were no leak and the children from the two schools were able to return to class.