Maintenance partnership has reaped dividends

SENT IN - John Boyd, MD of Morrison Scotland with new logos on their vehicles at the North Lanarkshire Transport Depot, Bellshill.Pic: Lenny Warren / Warren Media07860 83005001355 229700lenny@warrenmedia.co.ukwww.WarrenMedia.co.uk

SENT IN - John Boyd, MD of Morrison Scotland with new logos on their vehicles at the North Lanarkshire Transport Depot, Bellshill.Pic: Lenny Warren / Warren Media07860 83005001355 229700lenny@warrenmedia.co.ukwww.WarrenMedia.co.uk

0
Have your say

A LEADING North Lanarkshire repairs and maintenance provider has forged a new partnership with the council, which means the local authority owns one third of the firm.

Morrison and North Lanarkshire Council launched their new partnership Morrison Scotland LLP, at Motherwell College last week.

The local authority owns a 33 per cent stake in the company and Morrison owning the remaining 67 per cent.

Last week’s launch coincides with the start of Morrison’s new 10 year contract with NLC for the provision of all housing and property maintenance services, which started last Monday.

Guy Wakeley, chief executive of Morrison, said: “The launch of Morrison Scotland marks an exciting time for our business, as all services for North Lanarkshire Council and all new work we secure in Scotland will now be delivered through Morrison Scotland.

“This new company will enable us to continue delivering an excellent service to North Lanarkshire Council, whilst investing in the region, creating jobs and developing relationships with new customers.”

The event also marked the launch of the Morrison Scotland Training Academy, which will operate in partnership with Motherwell College.

Full story in January 27 edition of Times & Speaker