DCSIMG

Mother’s Aquatec anger

Aquatec in Motherwell

Aquatec in Motherwell

A mother has hit out at the ‘disgusting’ swimming facilities she and her two-year-old daughter encountered at the Aquatec in Motherwell.

Lorna Watson found the baby pool had mounds of dirt gathered in the corners, the elephant ‘spray’ wasn’t working and had a jagged metal handle sticking out one side, and there was rust and discolouration on every single tile.

She also discovered the showers were cold and the family changing room didn’t lock, with a single unit being too small for her and her child to change in.

Upstairs in the viewing gallery was little better with the glass being filthy and crisps and rubbish all over the floor.

She said: “The swimming part of this facility has been left to wrack and ruin and is without a doubt a health hazard.

“I left within 10 minutes with my daughter as I wouldn’t have her in that environment, which is not only dirty but dangerous.

“Having that broken handle sticking out the side of the elephant in the baby pool is an accident waiting to happen.

“What is laughable is the way the pool is described on the website, as it is the polar opposite of what is advertised.

“With the summer holidays now having started and more kids likely to be frequenting the Aquatec it is a real concern.”

The Motherwell Times sent a list of Lorna’s complaints to North Lanarkshire Leisure (NLL) which runs the facility.

A spokesman for NLL said: “We have been in contact with the customer to apologise that the level of service experienced during their visit to the Aquatec leisure pool was less than they or we would have expected on this occasion.

“We have taken immediate action to remedy the points raised.”

Lorna is not the first to complain about the standards of cleanliness at the Aquatec, with it being rated just 2/5 on the website tripadvisor.

Back in February ‘The_Cat_2701’ posted: “What a dump this place is and I will be reporting this to the local environmental health department.

“This place need serious investment, but until then it should be closed as it is a health hazard.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page