Bellshill’s Noble Primary School has been celebrating its 50th birthday, with members of the public invited to take a nostalgic look back.
Bellshill Subscription School was built where Moray Quadrant now stands in the early 1800s and was replaced on the same site by Bellshill Public School in 1873. The long-serving headmaster was Alexander John Noble and the school became known as The Noble.
The current school in Shirrel Avenue was built at a cost of £145,000 and was opened in May 1966.
Former pupils were invited to send memorabilia to the school to mark the 50th birthday and a community drop-in event featuring an exhibition was held.
Around 15,000 pupils have attended the current school.